BlenderCourse Basics v2.1 for Blender 2.60 - 2.69
The original BlenderCourse Basics was written in 2006. Since Blender 2.60 the interface got a complete overhaul. As a result the original BlenderCourse Basics became obsolete. Therefore I have rewritten the complete BlenderCourse in order to match the 2.60 interface. The result is BlenderCourse Basics v2.1.
BlenderCourse Basics is a free PDF ebook with over 120 pages of exercises and teaches you how to work with Blender 3D. This course is suitable for everyone who can use a computer. You are being guided through every step in the course exercises. The large amount of screenshots, ensures you do every step correct. Beside the ebooks in PDF format, BlenderCourse also offers you all the source files, which allows you to check how to fulfil the exercises when you are struck during a chapter.
At the end of each chapter a so called "challenge" is given. The challenge is just a final rendering created in Blender. The challenge for the reader is to replicate the result with the techniques learnt in the chapter. When you are stuck BlenderCourse also provides the .blend file for the challenge so you can figure out how to create the challenge.
- Quick tour through the Blender 3D interface
- Mesh and vertex editing
- Proportional editing
- Bezier curves
- Materials and Textures
- Tips and tricks
- Rendering via the console
- PDF document with the complete course
- .blend files sorted per chapter
- Rendered results for each .blend file
If you are using BlenderCourse in one of your classes, it is greatly appreciated if you drop me an email. Please send me the school / college / university you are teaching and the coursename so I can list you below.
BlenderCourse Basics is currently used at:
- Year 11 TVET course at North Coast Institute of TAFE Wollongbar Campus, Australia
- Multimedia, Don Bosco Technisch Instituut Halle, Belgium
- UMEI Christian High School, Leamington, Ontario, Canada
- CPT 10 class, Invermay School, Saskatchewan, Canada
- University of Sassari, Italy
- selfstudy, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife Nigeria
- Computer graphics, Payap University, Thailand